Langoor Gym 02 – Web Frameworks Workshop
is an initiative by us to give something back to the web development community. So we plan on conducting web development workshops where we teach how to build websites and use latest web technologies available out there. We call it the gym because this is where we flex our web development muscles
This particular gym session will be about Web Frameworks and will deal with the topics listed below. The event will be a hands-on workshop tutored by some of our best web app developers.
1. Session on Frameworks [ 30 mins ]
2. Hands-on Workshop [ 90 mins ]
– Basic application using
Backend: Django Framework
– Frontend: MVC design, templating, routing
– Backend: REST APIs, basic auth / admin, MVT design
An avid Pythonista and technologist, passionate about future web technologies. Loves challenges and discovering simple elegant solutions to them.
Hardcore programmer, Design junkie, Technology Enthusiast Workaholic, Fun guy, Loves his family.
Loves exploring new web technologies and trends. A true pythonista. Worked on initial design and algorithmic level complexities of langoor.mobi.
You can attend the gym session as either a pure frontend / pure backend / full stack developer. In either case, following are the pre-requisites.
1. Python: http://docs.python.org/2/tutorial/
2. Django: https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.5/intro/overview/
3. What is REST API: http://web.archive.org/web/20130116005443/ http://tomayko.com/writings/rest-to-my-wife
Machine Setup for workshop:
Ubuntu -> apt-get install python-pip.
Windows -> http://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/#distribute and http://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/#pip
pip install virtualenv
All other packages will be bundled and shared with the attendees.